But we are also holding the collection of the Naive Art of Latvia and Naive Art Museum of Latvia that means that it is a collection of national importance and a part of national cultural heritage of Latvia. We also administrate and manage the Video Art Archive of Latvia and Baltic states.
We have video art festival Waterpieces that is a key event of the summer season. We have artist in residence programme where we host artists from abroad who come to see Riga as a city of inspiration for their artistic work. Besides that there are several smaller projects and collaborations in which we are involved during all year or several years.
Our most active season is the summer. That is mostly because we have at the moment premises that can be used mostly during the summer season that is from end of April to the very beginning of October. And the rest of the year we just work on our projects and develop the programme for the summer.
- Taking your ideas seriously
- How Watershed works
- New model of culture
- Cultural centres as citizen initiatives
- What is Creative Factory Rotterdam?
- Models of success
- From squat to a legal venue
- Autonomy vs Institutionalisation
- Story of PROEKT_FABRIKA in Moscow
- Paper factory worker = Culture centre worker
- Media Evolution
- Generator Sverige
- Creative Industries in Europe
- What Kind of Creative Entrepreneur Are You?
- Evolution of The MitOst’s Strategy
- What is the creative incubator?
- Culture centres as stores and boutiques
- Village Underground runs three companies
- Incubator in Village Underground
- ufaFabrik works in three directions
- Why the ufaFabrik still exists?
- Changing role of ufaFabrik
- What is Linnalabor?
- Meet Factory is a recognizable brand
- NOASS is not only a venue
- Start of Uzupis Art Incubator