From squat to a legal venue
Most of the artists and associations who are active here in Metelkova are supported by different funds - from international funds, Ministry of Culture, the municipality‘s Department of Culture, the Department of Youth, and so on. The level of financial support is quite good, but the greatest problem is that there is no general money for the upkeep of the spaces, e.g. cleaning, security etc. This is something we are going to negotiate with the city about in the future.
- Taking your ideas seriously
- How Watershed works
- New model of culture
- Cultural centres as citizen initiatives
- What is Creative Factory Rotterdam?
- Models of success
- From squat to a legal venue
- Autonomy vs Institutionalisation
- Story of PROEKT_FABRIKA in Moscow
- Paper factory worker = Culture centre worker
- Media Evolution
- Generator Sverige
- Creative Industries in Europe
- What Kind of Creative Entrepreneur Are You?
- Evolution of The MitOst’s Strategy
- What is the creative incubator?
- Culture centres as stores and boutiques
- Village Underground runs three companies
- Incubator in Village Underground
- ufaFabrik works in three directions
- Why the ufaFabrik still exists?
- Changing role of ufaFabrik
- What is Linnalabor?
- Meet Factory is a recognizable brand
- NOASS is not only a venue
- Start of Uzupis Art Incubator
More fights by Nataša Serec
President of the Association KUD Mreža in Ljubljana, SloveniaFull biography