Story of PROEKT_FABRIKA in Moscow
The center is located in a factory for technical papers that is still working and this makes the center quite unique. Now it includes 2 exhibition halls and a theater where we present contemporary dance, contemporary theater, documentaries, cartoons and also Indie music. In addition there is residency for artist. The main exhibition hall is called Olivia. It is about 500 m², it´s quite huge space with high ceilings. 6 years ago there was a big machinery installed, called Olivia. It was delivered from France and our workers probably decided that if it is from France, it should be called Olivia. So it is kind of a legend here and it is probably the origin of the hall´s name. When I faced the economic situation of the factory, I came to the conclusion that we have to remove it. It was extremely beautiful but unfortunately nobody wanted to pay a penny for this beauty. Now the space is the biggest exhibition hall of the complex.
- Taking your ideas seriously
- How Watershed works
- New model of culture
- Cultural centres as citizen initiatives
- What is Creative Factory Rotterdam?
- Models of success
- From squat to a legal venue
- Autonomy vs Institutionalisation
- Story of PROEKT_FABRIKA in Moscow
- Paper factory worker = Culture centre worker
- Media Evolution
- Generator Sverige
- Creative Industries in Europe
- What Kind of Creative Entrepreneur Are You?
- Evolution of The MitOst’s Strategy
- What is the creative incubator?
- Culture centres as stores and boutiques
- Village Underground runs three companies
- Incubator in Village Underground
- ufaFabrik works in three directions
- Why the ufaFabrik still exists?
- Changing role of ufaFabrik
- What is Linnalabor?
- Meet Factory is a recognizable brand
- NOASS is not only a venue
- Start of Uzupis Art Incubator
More fights by Asya Filippova
Director of PROEKT_FABRIKA in Moscow, Russia.Full biography