Young people in creative industries
Secondly creative industries become more and more international. They are born global. They are born networked already. And young people are more prone to international work. They speak better languages. They are connected better with the social media, with the interpersonal contact, etc. So probably they are better positioned when we talk about export and internationalization of creative industries.
Thirdly I think in many countries and also here in Estonia the focus in creative industry development has been starting new businesses. And when we are talking about starting new businesses it is of course easier for the young people, especially for those who just finished universities to start their own companies. It is much more difficult for someone with 20, 30, 40 year of experience to start up a new company.
So I think it is not that deliberate strategy. I do not think so. But I think it is to do with visibility that they are just more active and we see them. They are more in sexier sub-sector and everyone wants to showcase them. But I could name in Estonia successful middle-aged professionals from each of those sectors. So I do not think it is so much of the case.
- What are the Creative Industries?
- Concept of Creative Industries
- End of the creative industries
- Position of culture and creative industries
- Creativity & Innovation
- Creative Industries and the financial crisis
- Creative industries can push economy forward
- Support for creative industries in Denmark
- What is Creative city making?
- Creative entrepreneurs vs. Cultural entrepreneurs
- Consulting for entrepreneurs and politicians
- Creative economy
- Importance of Perception
- Values of culture and creative industries
- Measuring creativity of a city
- Key factors of successful development
- Creative Sheffield
- Business support by Creative Sheffield
- Half you can plan, other half you have to live
- Digital Industries in Sheffield
- Challenge for emerging economies
- Is Melkweg part of the creative industry?
- How can arts make business?
- Creative Industries in Estonia
- Young people in creative industries
- Digital Single Market
- Spillover Effects of Creative Industries
- Creative Industry in Lithuania
More fights by Ragnar Siil
Creativity LabFull biography