You should keep in mind that we function not really on a commercial basis, so we really provide our services for the independent sector, which is also not well financed. We also provide really low prices, reasonable prices. Otherwise, we as all other organisations, we apply for every program that we do ourselves, we apply to the Ministry of Culture, to the Culture Support Fund, or to some foreign embassies, or to some other funding bodies. So it’s a bit of a combination. For maintenance, we get approximately half or 60% of what we need. And we don’t have any permanent financing for projects, so it’s really based from project to project how we manage, and it varies from year to year.
I would say in total that our yearly budget then tends to be about, maybe 400,000 - 500,000 euros, if in euros. But to be honest, we never counted how big the whole economy is, if you calculate all the residents here, all the companies here, it’s really bigger. But at least from those figures we get about 50-60% for the House’s main functioning from public funds; we have to raise other amounts to get this income.
We have actually one private sponsor, which is the main heating company in Vilnius. It’s about 30,000 euros per year, which is again just a part of what we need. Otherwise, we get income from everyday activities. And from those companies that come here for certain projects.
- Economic self-sufficiency vs public interest
- Sources of funding
- Courage is more important than money
- Umbrella model
- We want to stay as free as possible
- Creativity Zentrum - non-profit private association
- Sources of income of A38
- Source of income in Media Evolution City
- Funding Framework of MitOst
- Companies are happy in here
- Questions that will lead you to money
- We are only 7% dependent on grant money
- We rely on our commercial activities
- Umbrella model of the ufaFabrik
- Sources of income of Meet Factory
- Sources of income of Linnalabor
- Aparaaditehas want to be a host
- Business model of Aparaaditehas
- Sources of income of Halle14
- Economy of Arts Printing House
- Sources of income of Uzupis Art Incubator