At the end of neoliberalism
And if the authorities or people who are trying to develop a new phase of development in society if that could happen then this is what they should be investing in. Micro investment. The micro investment for all these different initiatives. And they should be asking people and going where the energy is. And what never happens is asking people, what do you want, what are you doing, how can I help you? It is simple as that because a lot of initiatives beginning to rise now.
And the private-public partnership PPP, which was so prevalent in the last 15-20 years was always missing the final P which is people or the citizens and how they participate. So maybe it is a time for citizens now to take the initiative and to be the ones who actually drive the new economics and the new cultural development. And they should be assisted through new politics, new dynamics in how cities are developed and how communities are developed. And I think you have to look now and see this is beginning to happen in different societies in America, different places in Europe. There is a new energy happening. And this is where the new possibilities are about to take a place.
- Trial & Error
- Creative Industries sterilise creativity
- Urban vs Rural phenomenon
- Autonomy vs Institutionalisation
- Europe vs World
- Value of culture in the West
- Pressure of gentrification
- Measuring not only economic impact
- Role of Creative Industries in Europe
- Need for inter-sector cooperation
- Empty words?
- What is the difference between arts and culture?
- History of cultural industry
- Unfair distribution of cultural funding
- Downside of creativity
- At the end of neoliberalism
- Difference between art and the product
More fights by Sandy Fitzgerald
Ambassador of Trans Europe Halles in Dublin, IrelandFull biography