Our children are growing up together with the city
Tjerk van Impelen
So to try to make people realize about how the city is changing we try to compare it with growing up of the children. We started building this area, reconstruction of the old city canal, building a new concert building, building a new library, building a new office building for our town and for some companies and a new shopping centre.
All of our people are growing up in here so we started a project. We are taking pictures of babies growing up in city. A most of parents of these babies are actually people who are project managers, co-workers of difefrent companies and organizations within this particular city. And throughout the years we are taking several pictures to show the people how these children are growing up and we are together changing the city. We are making ourselves each step of the way aware that we are not just building for ourselves tommorrow but that we are building for upperhead for 10 years to give a quality of life for future generations.
- Social integration of Graz
- Investment into culture is investment into people
- Social dimensions of the Graz 2003
- Social impacts of Liverpool 2008
- Impacts on Rotterdam’s deprived south
- Metelkova autonomous centre and the community
- Our main contribution is inspiring people
- Forming good image of Hämeenlinna
- Our children are growing up together with the city
- Success Story from Russia
- We work with local people
- Independent culture has got its place in society
- Where is the attention to human being?
- What does it mean to be sustainable?
- ufaFabrik works for the neighbourhood
- We preserve buildings
- What is the value of community of A4?
More fights by Tjerk van Impelen
Tjerk van Impelen
Information Officer at CU2030 in Utrecht, NetherlandsFull biography